A rich and creamy alternative to the classic French dish.
Welcome to our Vegan Festive Feasting Recipe Series, where we bring you delightful plant-based dishes for your holiday gatherings. Here we have Vegan Dauphinoise Potatoes – a rich and creamy alternative to the classic French dish. Follow our step-by-step guide and indulge in the goodness of vegan comfort food.
1. Preheat the Oven: Begin by preheating your oven to 170°C.
2. Grease the Dish: Take a moment to grease a deep dish with vegan butter, ensuring a smooth release of flavors.
- 1.25kg potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Vegan butter (for greasing)
Slicing and Layering:
1. Peel and Slice: Peel the potatoes and the large onion. Slice them thinly, either by hand or with the help of a food processor.
2. Crush the Garlic: Crush 6 cloves of garlic for that aromatic touch.
3. Layering: In the greased dish, create layers alternating between potatoes, onions, and crushed garlic until all ingredients have been used.
1. In a jug, combine the following ingredients:
- 250ml plant-based cream
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp bouillon powder
- 1 tbsp chopped herbs (rosemary and thyme)
- 600ml water
2. Pour the creamy mixture over the layered potatoes. Pat them down gently to ensure even distribution of the liquid.
1. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 1 hour, allowing the flavors to meld and the potatoes to absorb the creamy goodness.
2. After the first hour, remove the foil, season the dish to taste, and continue baking for an additional 40 minutes.
3. To check if the potatoes are done, pierce them with a knife through the middle. If the knife slides in easily, your Dauphinoise Potatoes are ready to be served.
Dish out your Vegan Dauphinoise Potatoes onto a festive platter, ready to be enjoyed by friends and family. This recipe goes perfectly with our butternut squash wellington and whole roasted cauliflower.
Don't forget to watch our step-by-step video guide of this delicious recipe. Additionally, for your convenience, we've prepared a printable recipe sheet that you can download and keep in your kitchen for future cooking adventures.
Happy festive feasting, and may your holiday table be filled with the joy of delicious, plant-based creations!
Going vegan for Veganuary can be a positive and impactful decision. Click to learn How to go Vegan for Veganuary at Vegetology today.
At Vegetology, we explore Veganuary 2024 Products. Find details on vitamins and supplements to support you throughout Veganuary and the year ahead.